Create a new text file called design.txt (or download the example design.txt) and make it UTF-8 encoded to avoid issues with special characters and multiple languages.
1. Place a reference to the file in the
head of the site:
link type="text/plain" rel="author" href="http://domain.extension/design.txt"
2. Use the headings /*APP*/ or /*SITE*/ , /*TEAM*/ , /*TOOLS*/ , and /*THANKS*/ to form groups. List out the design teams for the website, mobile app (each platform separately), and for any other products.
3. Consult with each person being listed and ask to include the following: role, name, contact (i.e. email), twitter handle, and geolocation.
4. In /*TOOLS*/ you can include additional information about the site/app, like the design tools and software that were used and links to any open source/free design files you may have.
5. Save the file and place the design.txt file in the root of your site
6. Add the Design TXT button to your site and link it to your Design TXT file.
/* APP */ App Name: Name of your app Platform: Android, iOS, ..etc Download: App Store/Google Play Link Description: Short Description /* TEAM */ Title: Your title/role Name: Your name Contact: Email, Website, ..etc. Twitter: Your Twitter username Location: City, Country /* TOOLS */ Last update: YYYY/MM/DD Downloads: Link (i.e. any design files that are open source) Software: Software used for the design phase [...] /* THANKS */ Name: Name of Person/Organization Contact: Email, Website, ..etc.